Joplin API - Get Started
Joplin API - References
Google Summer of Code 2021
How to enable debugging🔗
It is possible to get the apps to display or log more information that might help debug various issues.
- Click on menu Help > Open Profile Directory and add a file named "flags.txt" in your directory with the following content:
--open-dev-tools --debug --log-level debug
- Restart the application
- The development tools should now be opened. Click the "Console" tab
- Now repeat the action that was causing problem. The console might output warnings or errors - please add them to the GitHub issue. Also open log.txt in the config folder and if there is any error or warning, please also add them to the issue.
- Start the app with
joplin --debug --log-level debug
- Check log.txt as specified above for the desktop application and attach the log to the GitHub issue (or just the warnings/errors if any). The profile directory would be in
- In the Configuration screen, press on the Log button and post a screenshot of any error/warning.
Creating a low-level bug report on Android🔗
To get a bug report directly from your device, do the following:
- Be sure you have Developer Options enabled.
- In Developer options, tap Take bug report.
- Select the type of bug report you want and tap Report.
After a moment you get a notification that the bug report is ready. To share the bug report, tap the notification.
Creating a low-level bug report on iOS🔗
Some crashes cannot be investigated using Joplin's own tools. In that case, it can be very helpful to provide a native iOS crash report.
For this, please follow these instructions:
You can send it to this address https://raw.githubusercontent.com/laurent22/joplin/dev/Assets/AdresseSupport.png
Getting Crash Logs Directly From a Device Without Xcode
Your users can retrieve crash reports from their device and send them to you via email by following these instructions.
(It is not possible to get device console logs directly from a device)
Open Settings app
Go to Privacy, then Diagnostics & Usage
Select Diagnostics & Usage Data
Locate the log for the crashed app. The logs will be named in the format:
Select the desired log. Then, using the text selection UI select the entire text of the log. Once the text is selected, tap Copy
Paste the copied text to Mail and send to an email address as desired