Call for Google Summer of Code mentors!🔗
A message from PackElend, who's been helping us organise GSoC this year (and last year)
* * *
we are going to apply for the GSoC student slots next week, soon we know what can be done this season.
To put us in a comfortable position it would be appreciated if there would another handful of people who would mentor a project.
Is there anyone interested in doing so?
* * *
Here is some information about the role of a mentor:
After student selection🔗
- Ensure your student is ready & active. They should have a dev environment, be regularly communicating in the community, and have prepared a project plan together with you.
- Read the GSoC Mentoring Manual and ask questions if you have them.
- If the student is not active during the community bonding period, please contact the organization administrators.
During the program🔗
- Help your student be successful. Commit to spending a minimum of 4 hours each week answering questions, giving advice, working with your student on blockers.
- Agree with the students how many times per week they should write a progress report. Ensure that they deliver this report on time each week, and evaluate their progress.
- You might have adjust goals based on their progress.