A message from PackElend, who's been helping us organise GSoC this year (and last year)
we are going to apply for the GSoC student slots next week, soon we know what can be done this season.
To put us in a comfortable position it would be appreciated if there would another handful of people who would mentor a project.
Is there anyone interested in doing so?
Here is some information about the role of a mentor:
After student selection
- Ensure your student is ready & active. They should have a dev environment, be regularly communicating in the community, and have prepared a project plan together with you.
- Read the GSoC Mentoring Manual and ask questions if you have them.
- If the student is not active during the community bonding period, please contact the organization administrators.
During the program
- Help your student be successful. Commit to spending a minimum of 4 hours each week answering questions, giving advice, working with your student on blockers.
- Agree with the students how many times per week they should write a progress report. Ensure that they deliver this report on time each week, and evaluate their progress.
- You might have adjust goals based on their progress.